Celebrate World Vegetarian Day!
It’s World Vegetarian Day On 1 October! The celebration of all things vegetarian!
The purpose of this day is to promote the joy, compassion and the life-enhancing possibilities of adopting a well-balanced vegetarian diet.
Benefits of eating less meat
Did you know that eating less meat and more plants can:
- Prevent a host of diseases such as heart disease, certain cancers and diabetes
- Help the waist line and prevent obesity
- Reduce your environmental impact and carbon footprint
- Save you money!
How about Meatless Monday? Meatless Monday’s simple message to “skip meat once a week”. It’s an opportunity to “reset” and get back on track after any lapses over the weekend. Studies show people that get back on track at the beginning of the week are better able to maintain progress over time. It is backed in science and research by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for a Livable Future.
Vegetarian meal possibilities are endless these days, with an array of meat-free alternatives available. Try some of these Australian products from our Wholefood Pantry.
- Peace Love & Vegetables deliver the finest raw, organic and fermented produce in Australia, and their Superkrraut is no exception. Every ingredient has been carefully selected for its health and vitality inducing properties. Their cashew cheese range are a fantastic alternative to dairy, brimming with probiotics, it is a delicious way to improve your gut health.
- Otway Pasta Company use the finest quality ingredients and traditional methods to produce an exceptionally flavoursome, nutritious, delicious pasta. Available in traditional or gluten free.
- Botanical Cuisine make deceptively simple, nutrient dense products in small batches. With a thoughtful approach to fermented raw plant based food, their certified raw organic vegan dips and cashew cheeses are made at low temperature with minimal processing, no artificial additives, applying sustainable methods.
Our favourite vego recipe
Try our Vegetarian Mexi Tacos for a Mexican inspired fiesta.
Eating less meat and more plants is good for you and good for the planet. So this World Vegetarian Day why don’t you give vego eating a go?
Peace, love and honeybees,
Good Food Emporium team x