Fuel your body with a Healthy Immunity Boosting Soup
Fuel your body with this wholesome and nourishing Hearty Immune Boosting Soup!
Hearty Immune Boosting Soup
4 large carrots
2 celery stalks
1 purple sweet potato
1 large onion
3 large garlic cloves
1 long red chilli
1 cup fresh garden herbs (thyme, parsley, coriander, young rosemary)
1 generous thumb of fresh ginger
2 tbpsn coconut or olive oil
1.5 L filtered water, or enough to cover your ingredients
3 vegan bouillon cubes
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt (to taste)
Crusty bread or packet of thin rice noodles.
- Slice carrots, celery stalks and leeks. Dice sweet potato. Finely dice onion.
- Crush garlic, grate ginger and finely slice chilli. Scrape out seeds for less kick.
- Finely chop fresh garden herbs.
- Boil the kettle.
- Heat oil over a medium heat, sauté the onions until soft and glossy.
- Add garlic, ginger, carrots, celery, leeks and sweet potato, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add hot water and stock cubes, and bring to the boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add fresh chilli and freshly chopped herbs.
- Serve with crusty bread, or add a packet of thin rice noodles.
Peace, love and honeybees,
Good Food Emporium team x